Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaked shots of Sony's A7 & A7R interchangeable lenses full frame cameras
Quote:For me, these Sony cameras look like a perfect (so far; well, nobody can comment on their operational qualities like AF speed/precision etc. yet)
AF speed is ok-ish for the A7, with the right adapter and EF lenses very slow like the 1st gen. live view implementations. 

Quote:one-size-fits all solution for adapting lots of different stuff. I have a boatload of EF lenses anyways which might be adapted in theory; and with native stuff, I (or rather, my wife) would get a decently compact setup. She is decidedly refusing to consider even a 6D (and the smallest practical lens I could pair it with would be the 24-85/3.5-4.5, which is not stabilized, reportedly iffy on FF and not very tiny at that).
Well, only the 3 zooms give IS. And that bottom range zoom is not all too compact. So why would your wife (or you) need it to be full frame?

Quote:Of course, it's all down to how much money we have, and how good are the two normal zooms. So far, she is managing pretty well with a NEX-3 and kit lens, but she has to step up sometime, and this looks like a much better alternative to both her current NEX and the 6D I was considering.
Why not step up the lenses for the Nex3 instead? Oh well, not much of an arm length away photographer myself, so I guess I can't really relate.

Messages In This Thread
Leaked shots of Sony's A7 & A7R interchangeable lenses full frame cameras - by Brightcolours - 10-17-2013, 06:10 PM