Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaked shots of Sony's A7 & A7R interchangeable lenses full frame cameras
Quote:Yeah, lovely files... at low ISO. With APS-C you can use bigger apertures to get the same DOF, so depending on what you are after FF does not always have that big of an advantage. But IS and big apertures are not really the NEX's speciality... You could stick an EF IS lens in front but then it gets big and unwieldy again.
There's the rub - I top out at 800 iso (1600 looks pretty ugly) and thus can't stop down for better DOF; with a newer body I would've jacked it up to 3200 in order to stop the lens down some and still have passable shutter speed. I thought I might get a 1D IV instead, of course, but it's another hefty sum of money, I can't get all three cameras. Smile

Also, I love the 1D but there's an added benefit of being able to carry a smaller body everywhere. I tend to carry the 1D with me around (with the 17 and 24-85), but often I'm just too lazy to pick it up. Like today - and as misfortune would have it, I stumbled upon something noteworthy (an oil spill) but only had a cellphone on me. Tomorrow I'll see if my paper took the phone pics I sent them, but on screen, they looked horrible (grain all over). I kicked myself hard for not taking a proper camera - and with A7, it would've been so much easier!..

... what man can't do to justify buying another toy...

Messages In This Thread
Leaked shots of Sony's A7 & A7R interchangeable lenses full frame cameras - by Rover - 10-17-2013, 07:57 PM