Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable flash guns in contemporary photography - still important?
Quote:When I got into photography, I always had an interest in flashguns.  Not that I used them so much, but I had to own one.  Reasonably high powered to enable in-direct flash at ISO 100 or 200 if I wanted.

I still have a Metz 54 unit, but do not use it so much any more.  I am wondering whether these had their run and are today a dying breed.  Even when I have the flash with me - I prefer the images I get when not using the flash and tolerate the image degradation due to uping the ISO.  Since in general flash guns are not discussed so much any more, I am wondering, whether here is a general trend and flash photography is moving into the niches of photography.

If you want to use your old flash with new digital bodies, be careful. Some have high voltages that might damage modern equipment. http://photonius.wikispaces.com/Flashes

Messages In This Thread
Portable flash guns in contemporary photography - still important? - by Guest - 09-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Portable flash guns in contemporary photography - still important? - by mckay wedding photography - 01-14-2014, 09:40 AM