Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch?
Quote:Believe it or not: Aperture became the main reason I stuck with Apple. And this decision is the last proof to me, they are these days nothing more than another greedy, visionless bunch of stupid blokes like any other IT related company. My next PC will be an ordinary, grey, unsexy and cheap Windows machine. It's pointless to pay their mad prices anymore. At the moment I hate those suckers in Cupertino and feel sorry for them at the same time.

I agree for the most part. Aperture, and later the seamless integration of iPhone & MacBook were my reasons to buy into and stick to Apple. I bought a new MacBook Pro earlier this year. It's a nicely crafted notebook and the screen is very good, too, but OS X is driving me nuts with its focus on mainstream (=stupid?) consumers. It won't even let me set a custom resolution and aspect ratio when connecting the MacBook to my old plasma TV!!! WTF?  :blink: Dear Apple, ease of use should NOT come at the cost of configurability & productive capabilities. Thank you.

With no Aperture X on the horizon, I feel like I wasted quite a lot of money on this machine... Things like a Surface Pro 3 look so much more interesting right now. The new photos app will be just like all the other new Apple products. It will be easy to use for beginners, but totally lacking in depth.

Messages In This Thread
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by scottburgess - 08-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by felix - 06-28-2014, 07:02 AM