Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo management software help requested
Well I also started digitizing my film era but didn't finish yet with B/W film scanning. It just takes too much of time which I could easily use to make better pictures than my slides were. Which says something about the quality of my old slides... I want to have them digital, but don't see the effort worth. For some of them, yes, but most stuff I see more as learning exercise. It's much like digitising old records: lots of work to carry some old songs on an iPod and then finding out, there's so much more music to discover...

Keywords could be doing the trick of labels. Most DAMs are working with preview images and collecting them in a catalog, so you could create different catalogs.

Pro's went also away from Aperture because they believed all the stuff has to be in a big library file. Matter of fact, Aperture allows to choose the way, and no DAM is completely stable if you move or delete folders/pictures in the Explorer or finder. All will show you orphan pictures afterwards.

I'm also looking forward to other people's input. I use Aperture, because I'm very familiar with it. And I started using C1 again, because the D7100 is not supported by my version of AA, but running two DAMs is not a great idea.

Messages In This Thread
Photo management software help requested - by scottburgess - 08-12-2013, 02:06 AM
Photo management software help requested - by scottburgess - 08-13-2013, 06:35 AM
Photo management software help requested - by JJ_SO - 08-13-2013, 07:40 AM