Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate video format reviews and tutorials but it seems they are the new trend
I'm also in the mixed camp. I find myself watching youtube "reviews" (any product, not just photography) starting out as looking for info, but nowadays I find I watch more for entertainment. There's the odd nugget in there but not sure on the time investment for serious research.

I'm also not sure on the income models... I've debated on and off many times getting into youtube production, for the love of the topic primarily, and as alternative income a distant second. I'm not sure on the adblock argument, the real money seems to be in sponsored content, merchandising, and maybe patreon if you're big enough for that. Youtube in itself doesn't seem to be sufficient for anything other than incidental income with various problems about what is "ad friendly" hitting many. For now, I'm finding adblock works fine on youtube, but more and more websites have adblock-blocks on them.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.

Messages In This Thread
I hate video format reviews and tutorials but it seems they are the new trend - by popo - 08-24-2017, 06:16 PM