The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bag is too big for the overhead bin in a plane! What to do?
What do you do when your camera bag is too big for the overhead bin in a plane or all of the bins are taken?

I am sure I am not the only one who experienced the problem. Lot of times the crew already announces that all overhead bins are full and that no more larger carry-ons can be brought into the plane. What is your tactic to avoid your camera bag being put in the main luggage area of the plane where it can be smashed or stolen...?

I usually do the following:

1. Try to be in the A or B boarding zone. Board the plane first! The chance that you will find empty bins is higher!

2. Try to stand behind somebody who has a bigger bag and the crew will pull out the person in front of you and will be asked to hand over his/her luggage to be put in the main cargo area of the plane. Usually, they are busy with that person in front of you and you can bring my carry-on camera bag on board.

3. Once on board, I try to take out my laptop and larger lenses to make my bag smaller. Hopefully, it fits!

4. I also try to put under the seat of the person in front of me...

Have you ever experienced this problem? What did you do you could share with us? This always stresses me out when I fly somewhere so photograph a destination wedding.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Bag is too big for the overhead bin in a plane! What to do? - by haring - 10-13-2012, 10:07 PM