Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a6300 on the field - sometimes apparently minor features are major
Quote:Strange, I did not know that. The EOS M has normally done that since always. 

In my opinion Sony has got a number of stupid limitations in their user interface. The focus magnifier reset is one of those, and fortunately it has been fixed. On the other hand, the option to disengage auto-focusing from the shutter release wasn't part of the "memory recall", a.k.a. user presets, in the a6000 and still isn't in the a6300. :angry:  It would be useful: e.g. I have preset 1 for static subjects, which includes "single" AF (contrast-based), and preset 2 for moving subjects, which includes "continuous" AF (phase-detection based). It would make sense to have auto-focusing automatically engaged in the latter case, but I have to go through the menus to do that. Perhaps the AE-lock button that I've reprogrammed to work as the AF switch is placed in a slightly different position than in the a6000 and it could be more comfortable to keep the two buttons pressed at the same time; I'll be able to tell you only when I meet some birds again.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
a6300 on the field - sometimes apparently minor features are major - by stoppingdown - 05-24-2017, 02:47 PM