The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus at infinity with the infinity distance marker...
Hi All,

When I tried to photograph the full Moon last night using the following combo 24-70/2.8L + 350d, I did some comparison shots using the following settings -

Setting 1. Set lens focusing mode to manual and moving the lens distance scale to the infinity mark

Setting 2. Set lens to auto focus and point to the Moon. When the Moon appears to be in focus the lens distance scale was shown to be less than infinity.

What turns out is using setting 2 the image appeared to be much sharper compare to those taken with setting 1. And the Moon was already way high up in the sky (i.e. almost at right angle)

That leads to the following questions -

1. Does your lens exhibit the same behaviour?

2. Under what situation(s) would you use / trust the infinity scale on the lens?

Thank you in advance for your input and I look forward to read your opinions on this.

/cheung

Messages In This Thread
Focus at infinity with the infinity distance marker... - by yimccau - 06-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Focus at infinity with the infinity distance marker... - by yimccau - 06-16-2011, 11:17 AM