The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best system for light and sharp wide angle lenses? Any on Sony E?
Hi,

I own Canon gear: 7D, Tokina 11-16/2.8, Sigma 17-50 EX OS/2.8, Canon 85/1.8, Canon 70-200 L IS /4. All of this lenses get good reviews here. I shoot mostly in Aperture priority, raw mode.

But this gear is too heavy, and do not enjoy to carry it as I did before, especially for trekking.

So I am thinking about switching to another system offering still good IQ.

The Sony Nex 5 looks very nice, but when I read the reviews out there, I wonder if they are any sharp and quite light wide angle lens on this mount: for nice landscape photograph, I expect a lens to be sharp on the corner as well. I want something much lighter than my Tokina 11-16!

I am also looking at the m4/3, but fear a drop in IQ (~1 stop in high iso?) and even closer sharp aperture range than on my 7D (between the blur open and diffraction). The last G3 looks not bad however, I should try it.

According to the reviews here, the Olympus 9-18 seems a good compromise.

Or should I simply buy a P&S, like a Canon G12 where I could still work with raw format? Actually, I really wonder about the picture quality (especially on the border) in such a compact camera compared to any light wide angle lens on NEX or m43. Any clue?

EDIT: after reading http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readfl...749&page=3 and http://www.luminous-landscape.com/review...port.shtml, I think I will forget the NEX serie which does not seems to be built for photograph enthusiasts but P&S users/beginners (User Interface, and missing light and fast lenses)

Messages In This Thread
Best system for light and sharp wide angle lenses? Any on Sony E? - by Guest - 06-11-2011, 05:52 PM