Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell phone IQ and the future of camera systems
Sensor size doesn't matter to the mainstream already. The truth is most people are happy with their phone cameras nowadays.

A lot of the things you mention are already being done in industrial applications. It's very complex and the approach is different than consumer products.

As far as the rest, I guess I could see a quick slider on a cell phone screen to manipulate apparent DOF while taking the shot. I'm thinking with a portrait starting with facial recognition then a slider to soften the background. This could probably be done already without multiple images. Phone cameras have deep dof to begin with too. Beyond that would you want to be dealing with xxGB raw files and spend time post process them later? Or get it right in the camera? Sounds like an old adage!

Years ago I had a camera that would do a dark image first then subtract out the background, and then do multiple shots for long exposures. The results were good. You did need a tripod. Kind of like Oly's gig moving the sensor to create a very high res image.

Messages In This Thread
Cell phone IQ and the future of camera systems - by mike - 05-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Cell phone IQ and the future of camera systems - by Guest - 05-04-2017, 10:39 PM
Cell phone IQ and the future of camera systems - by davidmanze - 05-03-2017, 04:15 PM