Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Trap??? Which cameras can I use focus trap with?
[quote name='mst' timestamp='1302697873' post='7595']

To my knowledge, it's a dedicated feature on some Canon cameras (not sure which, though). I must admit that I'm not sure if it's a feature on any Nikon camera (read: if there is a dedicated menu entry called "focus trap"), but you can egt the same effect with any Nikon that allow to assign AF to a dedicated button on the rear and offer focus priority in AF-S (Single Shot, not Silent Wave) mode. With such a setup, focus where intended, press the shutter button, wait for subject to move in focus, camera releases.

This should be possible with any lens on a Nikon. On a Canon camera, it may require an AF confirmation chip in the lens.

-- Markus

[/quote]

With Canon, you probably will need an 1D series, as you need to be able to set focus priority, which is linked to single shot AF with most models. So... without AF, no focus priority.

Messages In This Thread
Focus Trap??? Which cameras can I use focus trap with? - by Brightcolours - 04-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Focus Trap??? Which cameras can I use focus trap with? - by PuxaVida - 04-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Focus Trap??? Which cameras can I use focus trap with? - by PuxaVida - 04-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Focus Trap??? Which cameras can I use focus trap with? - by PuxaVida - 04-15-2011, 06:33 PM