Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Tokina AF 16-28mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro FX
My first pleasant surprise was the price. The street price in my area is about$950, much less than the $1,400 I am seeing guessed at by uninformed people!

This makes the Tokina lens about half the price of the Canon, and it is a better lens on most counts!

I bought the lens recently because of dissatisfaction with my Canon 16-35 f2.8 LII!

After using the lens I can say it has performed as well as I hoped!

The greatest improvements I have found are in resolution, distortion, and color fringing at the edges and in the corners!

Clarity of the image is improved, especially at the edges and in the corners.

The Canon I had tended to smear fine detail in the corners, even stopped down to the sharpest aperture!

Distortion is extremely well controlled.

Another big improvement was the reduction in color fringing at contrast points and in the corners and edges.

Yes, it is a heavy lens. But it outperforms any other wide angle zoom I have used.

There are no threads, so I can't use a filter on the lens unless held in front, but I am working on an answer for this.

All things considered, a very satisfying lens to use!

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Tokina AF 16-28mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro FX - by genotypewriter - 02-18-2011, 03:57 AM
next PZ lens test report: Tokina AF 16-28mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro FX - by Dan Meacham - 03-08-2011, 10:51 PM