The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bearings arrive for the Meike gimbal mount!
 Hi guys,

Some time back I blogged a modification of the Meike gimbal mount.....I had improved the situation with "play/looseness" with it.

These mounts are generally very solid and well made....at least all "but" the rather naff bearing arrangement that they use.....plastic bushes and such like are not conducive to free moving follow the action shooting. In the end the overall is spoilt by the  worst aspect of the mount which certainly the lack of proper ball races.

It was time to remodel using ball and axial races which I ordered from ebay for silly cheap money, all finally arrived today.

A friend is delivering his model engineering lathe (30 Kgs) so I can start re-sizing the two axis.

To be continued! 

Messages In This Thread
Bearings arrive for the Meike gimbal mount! - by davidmanze - 01-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Bearings arrive for the Meike gimbal mount! - by davidmanze - 01-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Bearings arrive for the Meike gimbal mount! - by davidmanze - 01-20-2018, 10:38 AM