Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seems as if Sigma doesn't want to get wet ...
I prefer to see the glass as half full and be happy of the possibility to mount the mighty ART 85/1.4, 105/1.4 & 135/1.8 with native high speed AF instead of with the slow MC-11 adapter.

As the size of the Sony Zeiss/GM 35/1.4, 50/1.4 & 85/1.4 is similar to the Sigmas, I'm not sure if a redesign from Sigma would be worth the efforts.

The case of the 14, 20 & 24mm is more disappointing but there are already many e-mount alternatives for wide angles.

(02-27-2018, 10:34 AM)Rover Wrote: - if anything, I'd rather get a Canon mount version to do double duty on an adapter. Smile I'm sure most users feel about the same.

That's probably the safest approach if you shoot static or slow moving objects.

In my experience, AF-C was not reliable past 3fps with the MC-11 adapter. I guess the protocol conversion introduces some lag in the communication between the camera and the lens.

For the e-mount lenses, Sigma claims to have licensed the protocol from Sony and that the lenses are compatible with high speed AF.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seems as if Sigma doesn't want to get wet ... - by miro - 02-27-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: Seems as if Sigma doesn't want to get wet ... - by youpii - 02-27-2018, 07:29 PM