Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE
(03-16-2018, 10:52 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: Today I got a reply from the local Sigma import company. Prices for mount conversions.

They range from 100.- / 250.- / 400.- Swiss francs. Some of the conversions can be done at the dealer's service workshop, others will have to go to Aizu.

I think, it's great news. Okay, I don't switch systems every day, but Sony does have interesting bodies these days. I own 8 lenses from Sigma and having their mounts converted actually will save me some loss which I would have if I try to sell them second hand. Currently I'm talking about 1/3 or 1/2 of the price I paid when it was new. And even if it's only a fixed MC11 adapter:

1. there's no MC-11 for Nikon > Sony
  2. if I buy genuine Sony lenses one day, it would be such a fuss to change lenses and and adapters
  3. One MC-11 costs 250.- francs - so most mount conversions won't be more expensive than this, plus the lenses get cleaned, tested and if necessary adjusted within the process.
To me, that makes Sigma lenses an investment, I welcome this decision away from "throw-away-and-get-something-new" mentality. I'm not free of it, but I prefer it that way.

If you're contemplating a switch to ML and don't mind their rather large sizes it makes sense. This is assuming the AF will work well.

The biggest benefit will be the end of  AF inaccuracies and lengthy calibrations :-) I read Sony's eye AF does wonders. I'm quite curious about it.

If you switch to Sony, I'd be interested in your take compared to Fuji in terms of ergonomics and fun.
That's what I love about Fuji: somehow I enjoy shooting with it much more than any other system I used before (Pentax, Nikon, Oly, Pany).
--Florent

Flickr gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE - by miro - 03-12-2018, 08:38 PM
RE: Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE - by thxbb12 - 03-16-2018, 12:07 PM