Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT
Quote:I am slightly surprised though that you started the discussion with the Laowa but not with -say- Fuji. Fuji has usually a high quality perception as well whereas the internal construction seems to be soso at best (plus centering issues as well). Locally they don't even bother repairing them.

Hi Klaus,

I'm curious about this statement: "Fuji has usually a high quality perception as well whereas the internal construction seems to be soso at best" ?

It's quite the opposite to what Roger Cicala from lensrentals.com says about the Fuji 55-200's tear down (which is a consumer lens):

"As for our impressions, first and foremost, the Fuji lenses are a bit more complicated than most we’ve tackled, but not hugely so. The construction, especially when considering this is a consumer-price zoom lens, is impressive. Some things, like the number of zooming elements, reminds us a bit of the Leica zoom we disassembled last week. There are obviously some optical adjustments made during the assembly of this lens, and that always makes me feel more comfortable. I’m uncomfortable when the manufacturer just assumes assembly is going to be fine – but since optical adjustment is what I do all day, that may just be my perspective.

The overall construction is excellent. There was no place during this disassembly that either of us thought we saw a weak point that would be likely to cause problems. It’s not massively over engineered, but it’s very solidly constructed. It’s definitely better constructed than what we would expect from a $600 zoom. This looks like a lens that was designed by people who know how to make reliable lenses."
--Florent

Flickr gallery

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by Guest - 02-20-2017, 02:21 PM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by thxbb12 - 02-21-2017, 12:01 AM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 09:54 AM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 11:02 AM
next PZ lens test report: Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT - by davidmanze - 02-21-2017, 06:17 PM