The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a new toy!
It 's some time I've been thinking of finding a budget S/H microscope, one of the things which was holding me back was my eyesight.....so. I needed a decent one that was good optically....

So, on my favourite "le bon coin" site a Nikon stereo microscope popped up, three images with no model reference......it was priced at 49 euros......I rang and the guy told me it was his late father's and he knew nothing much about it other than it weighed 16 Kgs! The postage was going to be around 25 euros and not knowing if it was complete I decided to go and see for myself.....220 Kms away in Marseille....
 When I got there he told me his phone hadn't stopped ringing and the net result was I got it for 80 euros and it's a beast of a thing in die cast aluminium, it zooms from 0.8- 4.0 X and the eyepieces are X10 magnification.

Nice for super tiny critters!

It also came with some sort of flexible cabled unit with a aluminium collar, that looks to be maybe something to do with ultrasound....see the image....anyone know what it is? .....it doesn't fit anything on the microscope.

Here's the device...........the second image..

......any ideas?

Attached Files
.jpg   DSC_8154.jpg (Size: 424.74 KB / Downloads: 21)
.jpg   DSC_8155.jpg (Size: 475.52 KB / Downloads: 16)
Dave's clichés

Messages In This Thread
Found a new toy! - by davidmanze - 04-29-2018, 11:42 AM
RE: Found a new toy! - by toni-a - 04-29-2018, 05:44 PM
RE: Found a new toy! - by davidmanze - 04-29-2018, 07:45 PM