Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
leaks and rumors of new canon products
(12-13-2018, 10:59 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: ...
Instead of comparing the Sigma 24 f1.4 which is a 3rd party option to the Fuji 16 f1.4, you should consider a Nikon or Canon one. For instance the Nikon 24 f1.4 sells for nearly 1800 CHF. Not exactly in the same price category as the Fuji ;-)

I disagree. If the Sigma was worse than it's Nikon competition, you were right, but it's equally good or better - and the only thing which is worse is the lack of the rubber casket around the mount. Else than that it's on Nikon level. And here we find another problem - in Fuji land, there simply is no 3rd party AF lens manufacturer. Either you're happy with all Fuji lenses you want to buy or you need to look at some other cameras.

Not to mention the weird and inconsistent way Fuji lets me (or more, lets me NOT) override the AF. That is a weakness of their concept and it bothers me constantly - which is why I prefer Nikon.

In my eyes, 3rd party today is not worse than genuine stuff, at least not in the Art range or the Tamron range (although there's no 24/1.4). And I was only comparing the speed, not the equivalent DoF, which is always a big reason to go wild on OL.

So, why limiting lens choices by going APS-C?

Messages In This Thread
RE: leaks and rumors of new canon products - by JJ_SO - 12-13-2018, 11:23 PM