Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
leaks and rumors of new canon products
(12-14-2018, 09:34 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: Fuji lenses are better built than Nikon's G lenses, this is no fairy tale...

Sigma ART lenses are great but huge. That's my point (besides crazy price if one goes with first party lenses): hence APS-C makes much more sense for me.
I threw the Nikon Z lenses in there because they are "only" f1.8 one yet are huge too and costly.

The Fuji 16-55 f2.8 is expensive but much cheaper than the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 or Nikon 17-55 f2.8 (APS-C). In Nikon land there is no equivalent to it and Canon's 24-70 f4 is shorter albeit a little bit cheaper indeed.

Btw, here is the 18-55 at 498 chf (straight from toppreise.ch): https://www.digifuchs.ch/index.php?ref=t...duct=16743

There's close to no point to buy genuine lenses when you can get the same or better optical quality from other manufacturers and the lenses work well together with the bodies. I don't have to stay in Nikonland, but I have to stay in Fujiland - more choices are better. Please feel free to prove your statement that Fujinon lenses are better built than Nikon's G lenses - and keep in mind, that G lenses can have barrels made of hiqh density plastics as well as made of magnesium. G alone is no quality label. And I saw into a 56/1.2 after it cracked open because the 4 screws let go.

The Sigma 24/1.4 Art is just about same size and weight of it's Nikon counterpart, the 35/1.4 as well. The 100-400 (no matter if Sigma or Tamron) is smaller than the Fujinon 100-400 as well, and looking at the brick of 8-16... it's 805 grams, the Sigma 1150 grams - so the Sigma is 40% heavier and draws a 100% bigger image. And is still 40 % less expensive... Okay, less weight costs usually more.

I'm not sure if you can get this
[Image: i-RLq3Tgp.jpg]

out of that
[Image: i-Kf95z2k.jpg]

I also would bet the Sigma 16/1.4 for Sony is on par with the Fujinon 16/1.4, although cheaper.

The Z lenses (S-line) are sort of disappointing when it comes to distortions, although they have no low price point - but then, the new 24-70/2.8 is much steeper in price. And it doesn't justify the costs over the competitors from Sigma and Tamron.

I got it in the first place that you were talking about your purposes, but for mine I prefer FF. Not necessarily the carrying exercise, though...

And btw. digifuchs might have taken the winter rebate of Fuji away - then the others are also 120.- cheaper. But it's not always close to Christmas... depending where you'd buy the range is from 500-850 CHF - and the majority of dealers sells it for 620-660.- With the cheap offers I first suspect grey import. But I bought the 16/1.4 from them and everything was like it it should have been.

Messages In This Thread
RE: leaks and rumors of new canon products - by JJ_SO - 12-14-2018, 11:40 PM