Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, finally forced to move away from Apple Aperture...
Quote:The database is honestly the part that I liked the most about Aperture and kept me tied to an already obsolete product. No other DAM, past or current, comes close to what Aperture could do.

This is a problem. For the DAM part I'm still using an obsolete version of LR, so being subject to the o.s. upgrade risks that we were discussing yesterday.

Fortunately LR, in addition to the database, also adds tags to the .XMP files, so they can be imported in other applications. CO reads them, but - apart from the fact that it has poor search tools - also misinterprets them (I'm using hierarchical tags).

I'm still slowly developing my own application for indexing tags - I had one in the past, it's not really hard for basic functions, it's that I'm becoming lazier and lazier about programming... Rolleyes .

Anyway I'm puzzled that there are no good DAM apps around (I mean, for prosumers).
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, finally forced to move away from Apple Aperture... - by stoppingdown - 05-01-2019, 11:32 AM