Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon RF 24-240mm f4-6.3 IS USM coming soon
(09-08-2019, 12:33 AM)Klaus Wrote: The current hype around FF is silly anyway. Fuji G has a superior image quality, for instance.
It just shows how much tradition is dictating over reality.

And e.g. why do sensors have a rectangle shape? It doesn't make any sense in the year 2019, it's a legacy concept.
Or in other words - why not a square sensor combined with a dial for selecting the ratio? Is that so difficult?
For landscapes, I'd prefer 16:9, maybe even 2.35:1 whereas for portraits 4:3 would be more appropriate (if I did portraits) - and a square sensor could give you the maximum potential here.
With a square sensor, the days of holding your camera in a silly vertical layout would finally over.

Is the current "hype around FF sensors" so silly?   I think not !! 

It shows to me the versatility of the FF sensor, not it's limitations. ...... your desires for these varied formats is understandable ....... but the practicalities are not ....... what sensor are you going to start with, to get it?  ...... a wasteful square sensor?

Silly though vertical shooting is (actually why I don't know), it's the most efficient use of a 3:2 sensor ...... cropping agogo isn't.

...... but then I never bought in to M4/3rds and it's tiny sensors ...... just for their smaller size.

A high resolution FF sensor is at least a practical way to go ........ with that you have FF .. APSc .. and M4/3rds all in one body and all your format desires..... with no recourse to other new format lenses.

Of course I may be wrong in my assessment ....... and anything that has a bit of bulk and weight is just ludicrously foolish ....

........... but no-one on this planet would doubt the achievements of Ansel Adams !!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Canon RF 24-240mm f4-6.3 IS USM coming soon - by miro - 07-05-2019, 07:35 AM
RE: Canon RF 24-240mm f4-6.3 IS USM coming soon - by davidmanze - 09-09-2019, 07:25 AM
RE: Canon RF 24-240mm f4-6.3 IS USM coming soon - by davidmanze - 09-09-2019, 10:26 AM