Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon RF 24-70mm f2.8 L IS USM and 15-35mm f2.8 L IS USM
Canon will also release the RF 70-200 F/2.8 in December, and is apparently working on a 5Ds replacement, probably going to be called the RS, 80 megapixels, with new sensor technology. It seems they are testing two different sensor variants in the field currently.

As to Nikon, I feel really very sorry for them, I do hope they will survive, in a good way, not like a certain other Japanese brand, the one that claims people will eventually abandon mirrorless and come back to dslrs ....

I don't particularly think the EOS R is a consumr body, BTW, more a prosumer one. The RP is a consumer variant, yes, but even that is arguably quite an advanced consumer body.

BTW I do like the EOS R, just has a bit of a (re)learning curve for me, as the last Canon I shot was a 5D Mk II, and that I sold last October. IOW, I hadn't shot a Canon for 9 months more or less. In combination with too little time to shoot as much as I'd like over the past 3 years due to too many other commitments, I find I have to relearn a lot Smile. OTOH, there always is the quick menu Smile.

And over the past few days I extended my lens count for the R-system quite a bit Smile. I was asked to shoot a wedding the upcoming weekend, as a second photographer Smile.

I do hope Canon will not only release more consumer lenses, but will also releas F/4 versions of all their pro zooms, and smaller L primes as well, as in, F/2 and/or F/2.8 ones in the popular FLs. The new top L primes are just a little too large and heavy for me to carry around at all times. I am currently looking at some adapted Leica glass for the light versions of it all Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Canon RF 24-70mm f2.8 L IS USM and 15-35mm f2.8 L IS USM - by wim - 08-07-2019, 11:56 PM