Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The UW Prime hole in the MFT line up?
(08-14-2019, 10:09 AM)wim Wrote: (U)WA primes is a rather specialized market, and by the MFT OEMs it is currently covered by good to very good zooms (Panasonic 7-14 F/4, Oly Pro 7-14 F/2.8, Oly 9-18). Do note that UWA primes constitute only a very small market, with very little potential for a reward on the investment of the development of such a lens, especially in the already relatively small NFT-market.

For a small UWA prime that means you have to rely on 3rd party manufacturers, like Laowa Venus Optics.

BTW, I would really like to add a 5 to 6 mm UWA prime Smile. I would be happy with a F/3.5 or even F/4 in that case, although I’d prefer an F/2.8 or faster.

Kind regards, Wim

Not sure what I was thinking writing late at night... should have said an f/4! I have the Pany 7-14 f/4. It's kind of a beast so I don't always carry it with me.  I'm shooting with a Pen-f. My std zoom starts at 12mm, so that covered.

Which is why for lightweight carry around kit I was considering at adding a UW prime in the 8ish range. Or, a pancake(ish) UW zoom would be great too! 

My carry around zooms are your normal 3.5-5.6 type lenses and cover 12-100mm. They're small and very light. I have a fast prime for when I need speed. It would just be great to add a small 8ish UW.

Messages In This Thread
The UW Prime hole in the MFT line up? - by mike - 08-14-2019, 01:37 AM
RE: The UW Prime hole in the MFT line up? - by mike - 08-14-2019, 01:40 PM