Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo Backpack for Travel
To ThinkTank I developed mixed feelings. Was a big fan of it and own a couple of their bags. Then I told them about the (too) small pockets on the outsode of their bags which makes me store things like a purse inside. Kept forgetting to close the zipper and bang... three times while owning this bag soemthing this bad thing happened - my fault to forget to close the zipper, but the outer compartment holds just a passport and a cellphone to be full.

No response.

One day the steel frame of the sling-o-matic 20 broke. Just because the designer was not aware to create a predetermined breaking point by slamming 90° chisels into the wire:

[Image: i-7kT97sH-L.jpg]  
It simply had to break one day...

[Image: i-Ps5wMLD-L.jpg]

[Image: i-D8v2hTF-L.jpg]

I reached out to ThinkTank as their warranty cobers this kind of material and design problems "for as long as you use it" . No reponse.

I tried to get in touch with the Swiss importer. They said they never got my mail. And they feel sorry that I don't want to remain in their customer database.

Now thanks to your thread I sent a last Mail to TT, so far I got one repsonse, but no real solution.

That Sling-o-matic was my favourite bag. Maybe I can fix it. The metal works wont be a problem, but the seams were extremely well made and I doubt I find someone who can sew them as they were. And afterwards the problem with the outer pocket would remain.

Therefore I also follow this thread. I will also look into your suggestions, thanks for them.

Messages In This Thread
Photo Backpack for Travel - by mike - 09-03-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: Photo Backpack for Travel - by JJ_SO - 09-03-2019, 04:17 PM
RE: Photo Backpack for Travel - by mike - 09-03-2019, 09:22 PM
RE: Photo Backpack for Travel - by toni-a - 09-03-2019, 07:30 PM
RE: Photo Backpack for Travel - by JJ_SO - 09-04-2019, 08:32 AM