Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MFT vs FF - informative
Big Grin

Glove size is XXXLand XXXXL, depending on manufacturer, but then, my hands (and feet) are relatively wide, not necessarily as long as that full size. Smile

I have shot all kinds of small, fiddly cameras, never really had a problem with cameras the size of the Olympus or Panansonic, but my main cameras when shooting analog were a Pentax ME, ME Super and MX for many years. It didn't really get smaller from an slr POV Smile.

I really like the implementation of the touch screens, BTW. If you'd want, everything is literally under finger tip control on the touch screen.

BTW, for me one of the reasons to go for MFT rather than a larger format, is that from my perspective there had to be a distinctive difference in size and weight between my up till recently main camera system, and a smaller system. To me APS-C felt just as a too small step in that regard, and I personally was never really convinced by most of the Canon EF-S lenses either, from an image rendering POV, which immediately means heavier and bigger lenses as well.

Quality of the images from MFT is plentiful, and better than ever, so that was never a problem for me. And size wise I just love it. Where before I had a single body plus 3 to 5 lenses with me wherever I went, which really weighed me down, I now have two bodies plus 7, 8, 9 lenses, and the combo weighs a lot less than the FF setup. I still shoot FF, but that means I really am going on a photoshoot; I don't carry the stuff with me everywhere I go anymore.

I am back to my analog Pentax days, weight wise, lighter even, with more equipement Wink.

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
MFT vs FF - informative - by wim - 01-08-2017, 03:10 PM
MFT vs FF - informative - by JJ_SO - 01-09-2017, 11:47 AM
MFT vs FF - informative - by wim - 01-09-2017, 11:08 PM
MFT vs FF - informative - by JJ_SO - 01-10-2017, 12:51 AM
MFT vs FF - informative - by wim - 01-10-2017, 12:32 PM