Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full frame digital vs large format film plus some equivalence talk...
(10-05-2019, 07:11 AM)Klaus Wrote: I could now point to smartphones that can already produce a nice bokeh with a tiny sensor ...

The few imperfections will be history in a couple of years - the number of phase-detection sensors all over the place will help to improve the algorithms.

Then somebody - like me - would point out as well that faking bokeh is for people who don’t know better, like fake food. This doesn’t mean “real” bokeh would be the winner in a taste competition.

But somehow a “Monet” filter doesn’t make a boring picture a priceless painting, and a 3 k€ lens doesn’t guarantee a meaningful portrait of a person. I can also say my Swiss pocket knife has a screw-driver blade. But to work with I still prefer the real tool.

lt gets rather boring, this “smartphones can do the same as cameras” sentence in every thread about (fast) lenses. To show others a picture of your pet, you don’t need to fake bokeh.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Full frame digital vs large format film plus some equivalence talk... - by JJ_SO - 10-05-2019, 08:28 AM