Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capture One 20
Yeah, we won't get anything close to Aperture in the future. All major RAW converters are developed to convert RAW and leave the dirty organisation work to some other app. Which, as far as I can see, is not born so far, mostly because they aim primarily at the Windows market and cannot transfer to Windows what Aperture could benefit from.

All the organisation structures in Mac OS are already there: intelligent folders, extended meta-data, UI-structures. To transfer this over to Windows means, the developers have to catch up with all the future stupidities coming from Redmond - as if there are nota lready enough stupidities coming from Cupertino.

I wish I had an idea what to do. Photo mechanic doesn't offer the flexibility, LR has at least kind of a DAM but I don't trust Adobe. On Serif forums each 7-9 months an old thread gets revived because the Affinity people were once announcing a DAM, years ago. and I think, they ran against the same walls.

In terms of data management, Mac OS is one of the most comfortable OS. Windows did catch up with copying functions but the mentality is too different.

Messages In This Thread
Capture One 20 - by stoppingdown - 12-10-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: Capture One 20 - by JJ_SO - 12-11-2019, 12:47 AM
RE: Capture One 20 - by mst - 12-11-2019, 07:38 AM
RE: Capture One 20 - by JJ_SO - 12-11-2019, 08:35 AM