Poll: Field lens test comparison (on APS-C)
35mm
50mm
85mm
Not interested
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interested in head-to-head field comparison?
(12-18-2019, 04:52 PM)faint Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 03:52 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: I explicitly quoted the line that I reacted to. Also, i "debunked" your theory about the FF lenses being that much bigger and heavier because of the number of elements and not so much the imaging circle.

So lets put those things to rest.

The Fuji 35mm f1.4 is not that well corrected itself... Slightly better coma than that Canon 50mm f1.8 STM, comparable CA. What is does better is a bit less restless bokeh.
I'd choose the Canon EF-M 32mm f1.4 STM over the Fuji 35mm f1.4 R for sure, though (both mirrorless and similar FOV, they are in the same context), which renders pretty nicely and is pretty sharp in the borders too.

The Sigma 50mm f1.4 ART is a more logical candidate to compare with an Otus 55mm f1.4, Milvus 50mm f1.4 or for instance a Canon RF 50mm f1.2 L USM, rather than the Sigma 40mm f1.4.

You can compare whatever you want, but take care of how you frame things.

I did not realize that I'm talking to an internet warrior who is on a mission to spread online justice.

I see that you love to hear your own voice, so I'll leave you amusing yourself comparing apples to oranges.

Apples oranges ..... what's the difference? ........ when your hungry !! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interested in head-to-head field comparison? - by davidmanze - 12-18-2019, 08:02 AM
RE: Interested in head-to-head field comparison? - by davidmanze - 12-18-2019, 07:44 PM