Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another which mount will survive and which not article...
(06-01-2020, 11:49 PM)Klaus Wrote: The other day I read another article which I found more interesting than the usual doomsday ones.
The author ranted on the fact that while full format cameras got smaller, the lenses actually got bigger and also heavier - leading to the unfortunate situation that the setups are terribly unbalanced and overall nothing has really been improved.

I actually mentioned this quite often in the reviews.

IMHO the only mirrorless system that is offering good ergonomics - that's when including the lenses - is MFT. And it's the only system that delivers upon the promise of being truly smaller than anything DSLR while not being too small thus avoiding to get unmanageable (like Nikon 1 and Pentax Q).
Fuji lenses are actually too close to DSLR variants in size/weight. Sony E had some potential but they lost it along the way. The same goes for EOS M.

Of course ... these are just my 2c

......... these are my 2 cents

...... a contra "micro (4/3rds) rant" about lazy pro photographers  Smile

..... when the family hired a photography company to shoot a wedding "in my youth" ... ......several photogs arrived with a host of gear ...... shooting heavy Rollieflex TTLs on big tripods ......... they were even using flash bulbs ..... and were appropriately attired.

.......the wedding shots were taken quickly and efficiently and the protogs went off to arrive 2-3 hours later with all the developed film and proofs of the taken images displayed so people could order their photos ...... photo-frames and all! ..... they must have been working like trojans to develop all those films and prints ........ nothing was too much trouble!

Compare that to the modern day scenario........ I watched Edward from Photo-universe showing how he'd paired down his wedding shooting kit to a Olympus ML and couple of small lenses with a flash mounted on a right angle bar ..... whining how a DSLRs and their lenses get heavy after a few hours ....... 

........ Of course I nearly cried my eyes out for him Smile ....... fancy having to carry a DSLR for several hours as a job ........ the suffering !!.....
..... no chemicals, tanks, enlargers and dryers here ........ memory cards and ink cartridges only ........

Before Toni and others rush to say it is not typical of most wedding shooters ....... I know !! ...... they are not your atypical protogs ...... most have several bodies FF ML/ DSLR with a good range of lenses with video equipment/ lighting and all the bazzar ...... and so on!

Having got that off my chest (something I've wanted do for some time) Smile ........ I understand that those shooting for pleasure is a different story. 
  However, I will say that if I was hiring a wedding photog he would not be shooting a M4/3rds camera! (or APSc for that matter) ........

IMHO a professional photog should be using professional gear .......... but then I still hold true some old fashioned standards ......

(maybe I've put the cat amongst the pigeons)   Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another which mount will survive and which not article... - by davidmanze - 06-02-2020, 12:10 PM