Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting point of view: if you love photography don't become a professional....
I can see that the job of press-service photographer may become boring after awhile, photographing the same official mugs all the time. I can imagine that shooting weddings is nerve grating - hunting for contracts, then always wary of failing (and the clientele not liking the shots), then agonizing over the processing... But working in the news? I don't understand how it would become boring since it's always something different. Now, I'm not really into documenting my life meticulously on Instagram but I'm posting various images including those shot in the line of work and some subscribers have noted that my subject matter is really varied: one day it's the election, then it's a medical operation, then some fun public event. Of course it became a bit samey lately, what with the subject gamut narrowing to pretty much only quarantine stuff, but even there I'm finding things to do outside the box.

Of course, if I were to be completely honest with myself, I'm not much of a journalist, much less a photographer, but I do what I do and I like what do, at least moderately, since I'm not seeing an alternative for myself. Another thing that helps me is the wide array of work I'm doing even in the line of my primary job - photographing, writing, editing, and even, of late, translating (again). As they say - find a job that you love and you won't have to work for a day more. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting point of view: if you love photography don't become a professional.... - by Rover - 06-20-2020, 05:26 PM