Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sensor dynamic range importance in real life
It is not clear do you want to achieve Toni.
hxbb12 already made clear statements at previous thread.
1. More DR is beter
2. Much cheaper and lighter APS-C systems have belter DR than EOS RP.

Here is my personal opinion.
- Photography is an art and camera is an tool – I would like not to be limited by the tool.
- Imagine you start building an system from the scratch. You need camera, bunch of lenses, ,llighting, microphones etc. – Camera A system cost X $ and wight Y kg. Camera system B has the same parameter but is 3 times cheaper and weight 50% less.
- My case & many other users shares the same – I already have bunch of good EF lenses and will go with Canon. I know that Canon does not offer me what I want but switching the system cost even more. I have no illusion that I’ve made the best choice, I don’t want to convince my wife, kids and on-line community that I’ve made
- One advice – I think that you can self-answer to your question – Look at your pictures. What brig you upgrade from 300d to 30D and so on? Does it worth the upgrade? You can make chart like this Grat images vs camera ?

PS: I have one question. I still remember one image from almost 20 years ago. “Abandoned village – night shot”. Was it taken with film or was with 300d?

Best regards,
Miro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sensor dynamic range importance in real life - by davidmanze - 06-22-2020, 08:48 AM
RE: Sensor dynamic range importance in real life - by miro - 06-24-2020, 09:13 AM