Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeiss Otus and Milvus get ousted to second and third place by Sigma!
Well the good new is Sigma is making great prime lenses affordable.  Canon is the only one capable of f1.2, and AF is invaluable.  I guess I'd better see if lens tips also says the 50mm Sigma is superior to the 50mm Otus.  Anyone making that claim...well...

Anyway, anyone can post their opinions, and I don't even know the terminology.  One sight posted that the Sigma Art series lacks in "microcontrast".  I haven't tried to decypher the term, but oddly enough I agree that is lacks something that the Otus has.  Some people are thrilled that at f/1.4 only the eyes are sharp.  Yet with the Otus you see an entire face which is pleasing, and with the Sigma there are areas that seem melted away.  I can't explain the different.  I don't know what to make of "microcontrast".  I don't know how they plot these points.  Flat target?  B/W.  I guess reading this we would "Know" that Milvus is better than Otus at f/4 and f/5/6.

Well, all righty then!

Messages In This Thread
Zeiss Otus and Milvus get ousted to second and third place by Sigma! - by Arthur Macmillan - 11-20-2016, 09:38 PM