Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon RF 14-35mm f/4 USM L IS announced
Are the EF lenses really going to take that big of a hit on the RF mount body? My only experience with mirrorless is adapting full frame lenses to MFT. I have to say, to me, almost every lens worked great! The thing is, since I have workable native MFT lenses, I don't go to the trouble much any more. But EF-RF adapter is going to retain most of the functionality of the original EF lens. And your non-IS lenses will now have IBIS!

This has really been a point I have wondered about. Is the weakness more apparent in wide angle, or Telephoto lenses?

Anyway, I bet the medium lengths are the least effected, and some really decent primes did not have IS. For example the EF 50, 85/1.8, 100/2, 135/2L, and 200/2.8L decently fast primes did not have IS. Are any of those not going to perform beautifully on an R6? Certainly you can't complain about their size!

I mention the R6 because the specs of the camera on paper look a lot like the EOS 1 DX Mark III. So I guess that would make your professional photography set-up, on a shoe string budget!

-Mac

Messages In This Thread
RE: Canon RF 14-35mm f/4 USM L IS announced - by Arthur Macmillan - 07-22-2021, 10:28 AM