Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HD PENTAX-DA★16-50mmF2.8ED PLM AW announced
.... Reviews will no doubt be scarce, but I expect to see one from Ephotozine as they like Pentax and even test older lenses .....

....... I had a copy of the older 16-50mm F2.8* which I bought S/H with a defective AF motor which I had repaired (FOC)  then resold ........ those tiddly SDM motors ?? ........ ....... it was slightly de-centered and frankly the all plastic lens body construction was mediocre with the front tube extending on three thin plastic rails which were subject to wear .... (front element assembly became wobbly)  ......... it also had big issues with chromatic aberrations at the wide end  (Tokina's failing)....... I never thought that lens deserved it's star rating and was beaten out by the much cheaper Tamron 17-50mm F2.8.

....... The new one surely does however, with a fast PLM motor, solid construction etc ............. Pentaxians have been asking for an updated version for years ......... now we will see if the remaining Pentax users will buy it?

Messages In This Thread
RE: HD PENTAX-DA★16-50mmF2.8ED PLM AW announced - by davidmanze - 07-19-2021, 08:07 AM