Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Helios 44M arrived in da lab
When I was younger I shared a very nice house with a bunch of hippies, one of whom was Peter Rostgaard ..... in his school days he belonged to the well respected Hertford camera club ..... he walked away with first prize in it's annual photo contest every year without fail ..... 

..... his gear was the Zenith E with the humble preset 44M.2 Helios lens ...... 

I remember in our regular house slide shows, his series from the Watchfield summer music festival ...... his shots were all very good but one in particular stands out as proof that you don't need top level glass for top level photos .....  
 the shot had all the optical faults that we would now decry ....... low contrast ...... softish resolution ........ but the flare from the lens created this magical dream world look that absolutely made the image ....... when the slide came up on the screen there were gasps from everyone ..... (perfectly composed advancing figure with streaming sun flares)

....... unfortunately when a friend and I made this site he had already past on ...... along with the photo !!

link to our site:

http://www.76stationroad.hippies.co.uk

I learned a lot from that guy !!

Messages In This Thread
The Helios 44M arrived in da lab - by Klaus - 06-15-2022, 02:01 AM
RE: The Helios 44M arrived in da lab - by Rover - 06-15-2022, 07:51 AM
RE: The Helios 44M arrived in da lab - by toni-a - 06-15-2022, 08:00 AM
RE: The Helios 44M arrived in da lab - by Klaus - 06-15-2022, 08:20 AM
RE: The Helios 44M arrived in da lab - by davethebirder - 06-15-2022, 08:53 AM