The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it safe to use ten years old rechargable AA NiMH batteries?
I've not used a flash for about ten years, some time before moving from Nikon to Sony. At the time it was (seldom) used for fill light in bird photography (with the Better Beamer). I still have a bunch of AA NiMH batteries that haven't been used since then.
Now I bought a small Meike Mk-320S for macro photography and AA batteries are useful again. I'm trying to guess whether it is safe to reuse the old ones, or whether there are risks of fires, chemical leaks etc...
Of course the problem is not to buy new NiMH batteries, they are cheap, but to avoid to dispose things that are a special waste.

Ah, I forgot another possible problem: the Mk-320S is able to recharge the batteries by connecting to a power source and of course I don't want to risk to damage it, even though it's cheap.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
Is it safe to use ten years old rechargable AA NiMH batteries? - by stoppingdown - 10-23-2022, 11:14 AM