The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The X-H2 after some weeks
I'm glad that I decided to favor the X-H2 over the X-T5 - some may like the fiddling with the classic dials but for me, it's a relief that handles like a "normal" camera. Especially the placement of the exposure compensation dial has been a pain on the X-Ts. I don't quite understand why many people like this. Ergonomically, the camera is nearly perfect from my personal perspective. I only have a few minor issues with the menu system but no headaches either.
AWB is generally decent but it struggles in artificial light.
The jury is still out regarding AF performance. Generally, it is fine but e.g. eye AF had many misses during my last trip.
The IBIS seems to be pretty good - in photo mode - but I understand that it may not be ideal for video at least. 
The 40mp sensor is better than expected ... but also as expected - it requires top-notch glass. The difference in quality between the Viltrox 75mm f/1.2 and the Sigma 18-50mm DN is stark. The corner performance of the Sigma is simply insufficient - which raises the question of whether there is even a single standard or wide zoom lens that can handle this sensor. It's quite surprising given all the praise that the Sigma has received. In my book, the "contemporary" designation is a fair one. I suppose that this confirms once again, that Fujifilm is best centered around prime lenses rather than zooms.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji

Messages In This Thread
The X-H2 after some weeks - by Klaus - 01-31-2023, 10:33 PM
RE: The X-H2 after some weeks - by Rover - 02-01-2023, 09:49 AM
RE: The X-H2 after some weeks - by Klaus - 02-01-2023, 10:51 AM
RE: The X-H2 after some weeks - by giulio - 02-01-2023, 08:24 PM
RE: The X-H2 after some weeks - by Klaus - 02-02-2023, 04:46 AM
RE: The X-H2 after some weeks - by giulio - 02-02-2023, 07:57 AM
RE: The X-H2 after some weeks - by Klaus - 02-02-2023, 09:31 AM