Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50mm deluge continues: a Macro this time
Quote:Not sure what you mean by autofocusing mechanism. I see that the lens extends when focusing. Provides a nice scale on the front barrel. Also, the front element is deeply recessed, so no hood needed. A small and light package. I'm interested, as I don't have a 50mm for my A7. And the price isn't too much compared to some of the other 50's.
There is no mention of the type of focusing motor, which leads me to believe it's the worst possible option (noisy, slow and weak micro-motor - if it had been anything better they would've taken their time to point it out). But at the same time, the lens benefits from weather sealing... looks like Sony is a little inconsistent with the positioning of their offerings. However, I'll be giving this lens the benefit of the doubt until we see for ourselves what it's really like (and Klaus has it stretched and dissected in his lab Smile).

Quote:50 Macro has been the workhorse of generations of photographers and I'm quite happy to see Sony back on the small & affordable side.

It looks like "old style" AF where the entire lens move forward to focus instead of modern/fast internal focus.

That keeps the lens more compact when retracted but also probably means slower focus.
Price-wise it's in line with the 28/2 - and like that one, it's labelled neither Zeiss nor G - so we may be seeing the foundations of a whole lens line here.

Messages In This Thread
50mm deluge continues: a Macro this time - by Guest - 08-30-2016, 11:21 PM
50mm deluge continues: a Macro this time - by Rover - 08-31-2016, 06:10 AM