Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ?
But really, brightcolors is right.  Any way you slice it with a large FF lens, a MILC is just awkward. 

And I am not dissing MILC's because their autofocus speed is not good.  In fact, while I am not experienced with the different mirrorless autofocus technologies, I do really like the dual pixel live view focus of the 70 D. 

I think I might get what you are saying.  Would I trade EVF for OVF?  Absolutely!   The main problem I have is I can by a decent DSLR and a couple of L lenses for what they charge for an underweight FF MILC.  And from my personal experience, none of my Canon DSLRs have ever broken**.  They are super reliable.  (**I did brake one, but it wasn't the cameras fault).  Every Sony product I've ever owned had died within 3-4 years.

And this is just a question.  Does the short flange to image plane have an actual advantage other than allowing for a lot of different adapters?  Is there an optimal distance?  I ask this because the shorter that distance, the wider the angle that light rays will have to go in order to cover the sensor.  And that would put a limit on pixel density.  So is putting a bigger sensor really going to make sense unless you maintain a similar FFD?  And if you do that...Canon may as well continue development as part of the tradition DSLR, and simply remove mirror and add EVF when they are ready.

Messages In This Thread
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by davidmanze - 08-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by Studor13 - 08-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by wojtt - 08-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by Arthur Macmillan - 08-13-2016, 08:05 AM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by Studor13 - 08-13-2016, 08:07 AM