The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bokeh Monster now focuses to infinty on my D750.
Hi guys,

Finally my M42- Nikon F glassless adapter arrived, it took over three weeks from Japan, but at 0.99€ inc. postage (yes you read right) it shows that patience is a virtue. It fits perfectly with no play at all......I could now study what was needed to be done so the lens can focus to infinity without resorting to a reduction of IQ with an optical adapter.

Calculations:   M42 registration distance 45.46mm.......Nikon registration distance 46.5mm...difference 1.04mm  also there is a flange on the adapter which has a thickness of 0.83mm.....

1.04+ 0.83mm= 1.87mm  therefore...the lens mount/barrel assembly need to be shortened by 1.87mm.......here's how I went about it.

Firstly the removable M42 mount does not seat completely when screwed into the adapter (first image), there is a gap of 2mm, the thread has a tail which is what is preventing the seating of the mount......first job, remove the 2mm tail after the thread using a friends lathe.....no thread was removed! ..the mount now seats fine.

Next the rear body needed 1.87mm off the face A and B (last image), this give the appropriate distance for IF on a Nikon body, that done I cleaned off the swarf and metal dust thoroughly and reassembled the lens to test...... Knock me down with a feather if it wasn't spot on, I must admit to thinking I would have to over-shorten slightly and repack with a paper gasket, but I didn't have to.

My call is it's fairly sharp wide open but with plenty of flare way better than on APSc (Pentax)  ( no sniggering Klaus and Marcus! Tongue  I know this lens will never win any awards) I'm pleased with look of the portrait it's got a relaxed "oldie worldie" look about it, we will have to see what gives with it's 15 blades  vis a vis "the old bokeh balls scenario" when out late evening and night shooting!

It's all about the look!

The job took a couple of hours, mostly measuring and remeasuring!

BTW. That's my fiend who lent me the use of his lathe. Photo F2.8

Messages In This Thread
Bokeh Monster now focuses to infinty on my D750. - by davidmanze - 03-02-2016, 03:23 PM
Bokeh Monster now focuses to infinty on my D750. - by davidmanze - 03-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Bokeh Monster now focuses to infinty on my D750. - by davidmanze - 03-02-2016, 11:17 PM
Bokeh Monster now focuses to infinty on my D750. - by davidmanze - 03-03-2016, 03:03 AM
Bokeh Monster now focuses to infinty on my D750. - by davidmanze - 03-03-2016, 09:19 PM