Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iphone 11 Pro ...
And now we will have a discussion about equivalence between iPhone and full frame and respective apertures.....
(09-13-2019, 08:59 AM)toni-a Wrote: And now we will have a discussion about equivalence between iPhone and full frame and respective apertures.....

Don't give 'em ammunition.
(09-13-2019, 01:31 PM)Rover Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 08:59 AM)toni-a Wrote: And now we will have a discussion about equivalence between iPhone and full frame and respective apertures.....

F/2 is likely somewhere around F/72 in FF equivalence terms, DoF wise. Smile

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
(09-14-2019, 03:29 PM)wim Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 01:31 PM)Rover Wrote:

F/2 is likely somewhere around F/72 in FF equivalence terms, DoF wise. Smile

Kind regards, Wim

No. f2 more like equivalent to f13 in FF terms if the XS cameras are anything to go by (they say the XS sensors have a 5.6 x 4.2 mm active area size).
(09-10-2019, 06:34 PM)Klaus Wrote: * "13mm f/2.4"
* "26mm f/1.8"
* "52mm f/2"

It'll hurt the camera manufacturers once again ...
And it does, of course, raise the question of how much longer it makes sense for us to continue.

On topic
Actually, It’s not surprising news. if you follow the global development, the smartphones continue to be the driver of innovation and technologies. Technology company like Sony are holding somehow. Hardware/pure optical company like Canon Nikon are in trouble.
It is 2019. The general rule for the past 10.15 years has been software. This can be seen back.
E.g. Goggle, Apple and Microsoft are doing well, technology focused Sony is pushed away from the health smartphone business. At the same time, we see the smartphone looser Sony is gaining market share from fat an lazy CaNikons.
Off topic
1. About OL critiques. PZ/OL editors have been clear since day 1. Klaus, you don’t need to repeat yourself to grumpy critiques. In the Netherlands we say “We have 11 football players and 16 million coaches”
2. What is photography for me? – actually two main thinks
– It is all about to be at the right time at the right place,
- Telling the story, What is the message?
3. Many people asked me to take picture of them, mostly when I wear those big dSLRs with huge lenses. I’m accept mostly to take picture with smartphones. Before that we make small talk, it has social effect and I getter the information – what is the purpose of picture? What is the message when you look at this picture? - Current technology is good enough to solve the technical aspects. At the and I’m happy too since I dive in people happiness.
(09-18-2019, 09:28 AM)miro Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 06:34 PM)Klaus Wrote: * "13mm f/2.4"
* "26mm f/1.8"
* "52mm f/2"

It'll hurt the camera manufacturers once again ...
And it does, of course, raise the question of how much longer it makes sense for us to continue.

On topic
Actually, It’s not surprising news. if you follow the global development, the smartphones continues to be the driver of innovation and technologies. Techology company like Sony are holding somehow. Hardware/pure optical  company like Canon Nikon are in trouble.
It is 2019. The general rule in last 10.15 years has been Software is more important. This see back.
Goggle, Apple and Microsoft are doing well, technology like Sony are pushed  away from health smartphone business. At the same time we see the same looser Sony gaining market share from     fat an lazy CaNikons.
Off topic
1.      About OL critiques. PZ/OL editors have been clear since day 1. You don’t need to repeat yourself to grumpy critiques. In the Netherlands we say “We have 11 football players and 16 million coaches” ?
2.      What is photography for me? – actually two main thinks
–  It is all about to be at the right time at the right place,
-         Telling the story, What is message?
3.      Many people asked me to take picture of them, mostly when I wear those big dSLRs with huge lenses. Mostly I accept it to take picture with smartphones.  Before that we make small talk, it has social effect and  I  gatter the information – what is the purpose of picture? What is the message when you look at taken picture?  - Current technology is good enough to solve the technical aspects. At the and I’m happy too since I dive in people happiness.

I'm not sure if I would understand more of this post if someone translated it into some English?
I am sure we would not. Incoherent ramblings mostly, connecting dots that are imaginary.