Not perfect but great value:
https://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaf...ltrox20f18
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
For $399 who can ask for more?
Sorry Rover, I couldn't resist:
"due to the expensive use of aspherical elements"
These things aren't cheap... Big Grin
Frankly I don't think even at that price the lens is interesting, you can have for a little more a used Sigma 20f1.4 with autofocus, and exif data plus profiles for vignetting correction and better overall performance unless you are shooting astro photography but even then it's f1.8 and same exposure as f2.8 at the borders
(01-17-2020, 03:43 AM)borisbg Wrote: For $399 who can ask for more?

Permission granted. Big Grin
I still have one more left for myself anyway:

“EXIF data is not provided so mechanisms such as image auto-correction.” - on the bottom of the first page.  Confused
The second part is either missing the predicate, or should have "to" instead of "so" (I think the first one is more likely).

Anyway, the lens: the tinfoil hatter in me, having read the revelation that the new Tokina 85/1.8 is the same optically as the Viltrox unit Klaus had just tested, starts to think of a possible hidden relationship between this one and the Tokina Firin.  Big Grin Of course it might be nothing, but...  Rolleyes Other than that: it looks like the f/1.8 aperture is mostly "special purpose" but pretty good all over at f/2.8, more than can be said of the old Sigma with the same stats (which was notorious).
The Viltrox and Tokina 20mm have quite (very?) different lens constructions, so you can use that tinfoil for other things again Big Grin

Tokina:
http://cokin.com/img/cms/Optiques/Tokina..._const.jpg
Viltrox:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike-mkvip...7/sizes/c/
Thanks, I can now rest easy. Oh yes, and I do recycle foil. Big Grin
By the way, is there an AF version of the Viltrox 20?
Thanks for the review!
(01-17-2020, 02:18 PM)Rover Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 03:43 AM)borisbg Wrote: For $399 who can ask for more?

Permission granted. Big Grin
I still have one more left for myself anyway:

“EXIF data is not provided so mechanisms such as image auto-correction.” - on the bottom of the first page.  Confused
The second part is either missing the predicate, or should have "to" instead of "so" (I think the first one is more likely).

Anyway, the lens: the tinfoil hatter in me, having read the revelation that the new Tokina 85/1.8 is the same optically as the Viltrox unit Klaus had just tested, starts to think of a possible hidden relationship between this one and the Tokina Firin.  Big Grin Of course it might be nothing, but...  Rolleyes Other than that: it looks like the f/1.8 aperture is mostly "special purpose" but pretty good all over at f/2.8, more than can be said of the old Sigma with the same stats (which was notorious). mybizaccount

I don't think even at that price the lens is interesting, you can have for a little more a used Sigma 20f1.4 with autofocus, and exif data plus profiles for vignetting correction and better overall performance unless you are shooting astro photography but even then it's f1.8 and same exposure as f2.8 at the borders
Since when can image auto-correction be called a "mechanism"? Rolleyes There are moving parts involved, just some geometrical transformations of pictures.

There's an entry in wikipedia about a software related meaning, but it's empty. And in Wiktionary is also no software related meaning (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mechanism)

Ah, I see - the gameboys programming the algorithms to make poorly corrected lenses shine were running short of terms. Undecided