• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test report - Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD
I quite like this one:
https://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaf...on70180f28
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Cool "little" lens.
The exterior pics almost look like it should be extending "a bit more". Smile

ZOMG @ the pincushion distortion though.
I finally own a lens that is highly recommended by PZ Smile
(02-19-2021, 08:30 PM)borisbg Wrote: I finally own a lens that is highly recommended by PZ Smile
Smile
You made me start counting ....
FF:
6 Canon EOS EF lenses, 2 Canon EOS RF lenses

MFT:
4 Olympus M. Zuikos, 2 Panasonic Lumix lenses and 1 Panasonic Leica lens

I am sure I have a couple more which, if tested would also get the HR treatment.

I feel rather spoilt right now ...

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Yes you are! A whole warehouse with HR glass...
Multi coated...
If you have pix taken with your new setup please share. I remember you used to do that here and there.
Playing along, I checked mine, and there are several highly recommended as well: 2x Oly, 1x Sigma, 2x Pana / Pana Leica. Some are same lenses, probably. Suddenly I feel spoilt too. ;-)

Klaus, back to the Tamron and sports use case: how annoying would be AF micro adjustments mentioned in the text? Not present at 2,8 in continuos AF mode or just less noticable?
I have one: the Tamron 85/1.8. I almost thought the 16-35/4 IS also falls under this category, but no. Smile
(02-20-2021, 01:07 AM)borisbg Wrote: Yes you are! A whole warehouse with HR glass...
Multi coated...
If you have pix taken with your new setup please share. I remember you used to do that here and there.
I know, I know ....
My photography web site had to be migrated to a new server several years ago, and there were more important things to be rebuilt first, plus work, so I find I am spending more time on buying and replacing stuff than actual photography of late, as in, the last few years. And the pandemic doesn't help either, especially being a member of a high risk group ....

Currntly I spend most, nay, all of my time on rebuilding my main web site with all of its add-ons after a major databse conversion and upgrade, where effectively none of the old add-ons are compatible with, and many no longer available. That has been going on since early Novemebr, and will last easily another 3 to 3 1/2 months before all is done.

Maybe I'll take up photography more intensely thereafter ...

My EOS R I bought because I had already sold my 5D II in 2018, and my daughter wanted me to do her wedding photograpy inAugust 2019, otherwise I would have waited a little longer still (waiting for the R5 essentially). OTOH, I still got a fair trade for my EF lenses I used for getting into RF lenses Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....