• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums > Back > Someone else noticed it ...
https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/i-bought-an-x-t5-and-now-my-lenses-arent-good-enough-its-actually-that-serious

The 40mp sensor is brutal. I mentioned before that Fuji went too far with it. 
What sense makes such a sensor when there are barely any lenses capable of exploiting it?

I love the X-H2 in terms of ergonomics and feel but in all honesty, the X-H2s makes a hell of a lot more sense than all these 40mp models.

There's this silly talk that the next FF sensors will be 80mp or even 100mp - insane. 

Maybe that's a vendor strategy - offering even higher mp sensor to push consumers into buying even more expensive lenses.

The only real use case of more mp is zooming by cropping - just like on a smartphone ...

If it wasn't for this website, I'd happily go back to 24mp FF and enjoy edge-to-edge sharpness with sanely priced lenses without having to worry about perfect centering or a wobbly focus field. Often less is more. In my book anyway.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Funny how some people say that the issue of pixel density and lenses not being good enough does not exist, and you can't make lenses give less sharpness on high MP sensors than on lower MP ones.

One question did cross my mind though; if I shoot a high MP camera at a less than max resolution setting, do I get reduced sharpness or not? (I'm using my Nikon Z9 at ~half resolution, 24MP, for all the work shooting, and only switch to 46MP very rarely - mostly when shooting on vacations or something). As it is, even the old Canon 24-85mm lens (that I get ridiculed for using at times) appears very sharp, especially on the 85mm end.
> "you can't make lenses give less sharpness on high MP sensors than on lower MP ones."

I think what they mean is that if you scale down the picture you took on your high MP camera to the resolution of the low MP one, then you get identical sharpness.

This is true though. It's not less sharp, it's the same. You're just wasting away all these additional pixels...
--Florent

Flickr gallery
I am looking for a suitable lens for the Fujifilm XT3 camera update. Can you recommend me more. I am quite interested in shooting videos to bring better quality. Besides, can you share more about its price?