Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Leica SL full format mirrorless camera
Leica SL:

http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-SL

3 Leica SL lenses to boot:

http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-SL/Lenses

Impressive

What is the point? Then again, it is Leica...
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
You mean like "there's no point in Leica"? Well, ^_^ at least a red one? 

Quote:What is the point? Then again, it is Leica...

Leica has always attracted a certain portion of the market. They don't do mainstream - they never did and it'll never happen.

Honestly if money didn't matter I'd probably buy one. But unfortunately it does.
Did you see the size of this standard zoom?

I am sure there will be buyers, but this Leica doesn't look crafted anymore.

In temrs of pure specs it can't compete with the rest of the mirrorless gang, I hope the user expirience is better.

Quote:Did you see the size of this standard zoom?

I am sure there will be buyers, but this Leica doesn't look crafted anymore.

In temrs of pure specs it can't compete with the rest of the mirrorless gang, I hope the user expirience is better.

It has a better viewfinder than all of them. 

They claim a super fast AF with the 90-280mm (double IF). This lens is also unique within the mirrorless market (well, there are only Sony FFs anyway).

Honestly I think it's super-hot. I couldn't care less regarding the 24mp sensor. It's a pity that they didn't do 16mp or even 12mp actually.

So where does it not compete with the rest (other than having just 3 system lenses at the moment)?

It looks a class product and no doubt is, but we have only seen the headline specs, ( price) . I also wonder how much of the camera is in partnership with another company vis a vis the viewfinder. 

It brings Leica out of the cul de sac range-finder bracket with it's compromised OVF when using wides and teles and makes a Leica finally a versatile camera for any focal length, in line with a, dare I say it, DSLR, even without the reflex, although they have been there before!   The 90-280mm  lens will send traditional Leiconians's heads spinning.

As for the sensor Klaus, I think there's little point in having Leica glass (when you've paid their prices) on anything less than 24 Mps, in fact I'm  truly surprised that they didn't use 36 Mps. I'm hooked on that Mp size both in APSc and FF.

This brings Leica into the new world, 

Dave's clichés
Quote:   It looks a class product and no doubt is, but we have only seen the headline specs, ( price) . I also wonder how much of the camera is in partnership with another company vis a vis the viewfinder. 

It brings Leica out of the cul de sac range-finder bracket with it's compromised OVF when using wides and teles and makes a Leica finally a versatile camera for any focal length, in line with a, dare I say it, DSLR, even without the reflex, although they have been there before!   The 90-280mm  lens will send traditional Leiconians's heads spinning.

As for the sensor Klaus, I think there's little point in having Leica glass (when you've paid their prices) on anything less than 24 Mps, in fact I truly surprised that they didn't use 36 Mps. I'm hooked on that Mp size both in APSc and FF.

This brings Leica into the new world, 

I sort of expect an insane price for the tele zoom though ... I mean even more insane than the rest.

I thought that the new thing is embedded phase detect pixel and high frequency readout from the sensors.

I am not sure all 3 lenses will be available when the camera hits the market.
Quote:I thought that the new thing is embedded phase detect pixel and high frequency readout from the sensors.

I am not sure all 3 lenses will be available when the camera hits the market.

The standard zoom lenses will be available upon launch.

That gives you a little extra time to save money for the rest ... ;-)