Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17 inch notebook recommendation for editing and presentation
Quote:I am returning the Dell laptop. At the end of the day 3h battery life are no longer acceptable in the late year 2015.

Probably a wise move. What will you get instead? I am hoping some new HP zbooks will be announced soon which would tick a lot of boxes
Other laptops using that 4K panel have similar or worse battery life. Better look at lower screen res. if battery life is an important aspect for your usage?

Quote:Hi!

I need a 17 windows laptop which I would like to use for client presentations (wedding photography) and editing.

Until recently, I had a 17 macbook pro but I would like to move away from mac.

I wild like to have something presentable. I don't really want to have a gaming laptop because it is just too futuristic looking. I liked the clean look of my old macbook pro.

Do you have anything you can recommend?

Thanks!
What makes you want to move away from your Mac? Is it the Windows insecurity, or the loss of data privacy of Windows 10?  Wink

You want it to look clean and presentable, and have a big 17" screen, and not be from Apple.

How about an Asus X750JA?
Quote:Other laptops using that 4K panel have similar or worse battery life. Better look at lower screen res. if battery life is an important aspect for your usage?

I will now go for the Macbook Pro 15 once the 2016 refresh is out.

Honestly I wanted a Macbook before but Apple didn't bother to update to Intel Broadwell so the CPUs are currently pretty much stone-age. The Dell did tick all the right boxes ... except battery life.

Battery life is a priority in my book. I just hate cables and tend to work from the couch. ;-)

Windows or MacOS - I don't care really. Same, same - nothing that is a deciding factor in my book.
Quote:I will now go for the Macbook Pro 15 once the 2016 refresh is out.

Honestly I wanted a Macbook before but Apple didn't bother to update to Intel Broadwell so the CPUs are currently pretty much stone-age. The Dell did tick all the right boxes ... except battery life.

Battery life is a priority in my book. I just hate cables and tend to work from the couch. ;-)

Windows or MacOS - I don't care really. Same, same - nothing that is a deciding factor in my book.

Apple quality is hard to fault, complete lack of component upgradability and the fact that 90% of engineering design software runs only on windows excludes it from my option list though (bootcamp doesnt cut it due to poor dirvers). If they could swallow their pride i think apple could sell quite a few Macbook Pros which were designed for business use and ran windows natively. Features like quadro type video cards, docks, on site service and some security hardware would suddenly open them up to big enterprise customers. But i guess apple has enough money and cares little for non-consumer markets
Quote:I will now go for the Macbook Pro 15 once the 2016 refresh is out.

New option which looks good except for lack of trackpoint

32Gb ram

2TB pci storage

4k AdobeRGB panel

Xeon processor

Quadro graphics

<2kg

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/hp-zbo...o-hands-on