Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epson L800 first impressions
Just got Epson L800 photo printer here are my first impressions:

The printer is very silent, however it lacks functionality other printers have like wireless printing direct print from card or camera etc it is just a printer period.

It is just a printer but a good one: Colors are very accurate, the details are all here, I don't really care for speed, so all I can say it is just great. Cherry on the cake it's ink cost: Simply nothing to worry about. It comes with 6X70 ml ink, which should be enough for many many pictures.

Only serious con is the ink: Pictures are not water resistant too bad really too bad. Epson should provide more decent ink for such a high performance printer...
 Glad you found a printer!

How much was it?

How much are a new set of ink tanks? ink tanks?

Got it locally at 415$

It comes with 6X70ml ink enough to make plenty of pictures each ink bottle bought separately costs 16$. As I said ink price is nothing to worry about, running costs are very low you care more for paper price thank ink.
 I must say you hung out well for what seems like one of the better deals in printers and the inks are cheaper than Canon's  "fleece me why don't you" 11mlts tanks!

I'm also quite happy with it... I tried once the B&W printing and the result was poor, but I believe I have to work on it.

One issue I experienced recently was the print-head alignment. After I printed on an A4 size 280g/m2 paper and then switched to Epson 225g/m2, the output was quite bad. Then I realized that the printer itself can only recognize 255g paper (Epson premium glossy paper) automatically. After several print-head alignment tries, now the test output looks ok, but I'm clueless about what to do with the paper thickness issue.

Quote:I'm also quite happy with it... I tried once the B&W printing and the result was poor, but I believe I have to work on it.

One issue I experienced recently was the print-head alignment. After I printed on an A4 size 280g/m2 paper and then switched to Epson 225g/m2, the output was quite bad. Then I realized that the printer itself can only recognize 255g paper (Epson premium glossy paper) automatically. After several print-head alignment tries, now the test output looks ok, but I'm clueless about what to do with the paper thickness issue.
when choosing paper I have only choices between Epson papers, today tried canon paper, chose the equivalent in epson land, worked nicely