Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeiss Otus 28mm f/1.4 announced (Nikon and Canon mount)
The 10k$ are reserved for Zeiss, rover.

Sigma will do it for 1k$  B)

Announcement of the Sigma 20/1.4 Art this Friday, hmmm  <_<

Another interesting fast and wide prime and we might see as well a kind of wider 24-35/2 Art, maybe 15-20/2 one day. I became careful with this strategy: Bring out the very fast primes, then let follow a slighty slower zoom. The 85/1.4 is a rumor since a year, pity. Another wide option is a dp 0 quattro, coming at lower price with sensor and rainbowish backlit pictures.

X-Mas will provoke more stuff soon.

The current 85/1.4 Sigma looks cool enough. I know I want one. Always have. Smile
Quote:Uh, looks like we may have a chance to see that soon!

http://photorumors.com/2015/10/14/this-i...-art-lens/

I wouldn't expect too much from a 20mm f/1.4 actually. Their 24mm f/1.4 wasn't that hot already.

Quote:The current 85/1.4 Sigma looks cool enough. I know I want one. Always have. Smile
I'm looking for a S/H Nikor AF-85mm F1.8D  a nice lightish sharp compact portrait lens, the Nikon' a tad sharper at the edges than the Sigma, but with slightly worse bokeh, trying to find one for 200 euros to complete my AFD series set. Also tempted by the AF-S 85mm F1.8 which has better bokeh and motorized, I can find one at 390 euros new. 

What your views........... Brightcolours/others?

Small simple lenses are beautiful..................................

Quote:I wouldn't expect too much from a 20mm f/1.4 actually. Their 24mm f/1.4 wasn't that hot already.
Again, dear Klaus: Just tell us which lens 24/1.4 in your opinion is "hot"?
Quote:I'm looking for a S/H Nikor AF-85mm F1.8D  a nice lightish sharp compact portrait lens, the Nikon' a tad sharper at the edges than the Sigma, but with slightly worse bokeh, trying to find one for 200 euros to complete my AFD series set. Also tempted by the AF-S85 F1.8 which is better bokeh and motorized, I can find one at 390 euros new. 

What your views........... Brightcolours/others?
If it was 3 years ago from now, the AF-S 85/1.8 G is the best value for Nikon 85 mm imho. A bit sharper than the AF-S 85/1.4 G and much more affordable. Today, I wait for a 85/1.4 Art to replace my 85. No matter if Klaus finds it hot or cool  ^_^
Quote:If it was 3 years ago from now, the AF-S 85/1.8 G is the best value for Nikon 85 mm imho. A bit sharper than the AF-S 85/1.4 G and much more affordable. Today, I wait for a 85/1.4 Art to replace my 85. No matter if Klaus finds it hot or cool  ^_^
  The AF-S 85mm F1.4G is 1,354 euros!   IMHO it"s a ridiculous price for what it is, the AF-S 85mm F1.8G is almost a thousand euros less......like, what the..???

Even the AF-D F1.4 goes for 600 S/H and it's less sharp than the F1.8!

As I say I am tempted to stump up for the AF-S 1.8G.... I just kinda got used to picking up 150-200 euro AF-Ds some with filters and hoods.

Love the sharpness of the Art range, but they're big, not cheap and heavy...... and I'm small, cheap and light!

I'm scouring "le bon coin"  site!

Dave, if you will use the 85mm for portraits go for Nikon 1.4D or 1.4G.

1.8G can't render as well especially the skin color.

Sigma 1.4 is nice, but can't match the Nikkors.

I am talking about portraits of people.

The only one I haven't tried is 1.4G and everyone says is better than 1.4D. As of now I own the later.

If you want to go for light and sharp 1.8G is great.
Don't ask me, I'd look for something weird like the Nikkor-H•C 85mm f1.8, which would have to be Ai'd for your camera. Why this old pre-Ai manual focus metal chunck of goodness? For its smooth bokeh. And the H•C version for its improved coatings, needed wide open. It would be a pretty exotic find.