Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeiss Milvus lenses for EOS and F-mount
Maybe they will have fixed RAW with the A7 RX8?  Wink
Quote:Personally I don't like the look of the lens, they've overcooked the style.
Same here. If I wanted Zeiss glass (and wouldn't mind MF), I'd prefer one of the "old" ones over Milvus.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Ok JoJu, this I find a really funny coincidence: Sony just now announced the new A7 flavour of the week, the A7S II. Same, in my opinion a bit disappointing, 12mp sensor as before.  Only costing â‚¬3,400.

http://www.sony.de/electronics/wechselob.../ilce-7sm2

Yes, I know, Sony prices are a little bit over the moon. Hope they get some pressure from the Canon side.

But.

The S version is really great in low light. The R version is also quite well doing until ISO 12800 and a bit above (from what I saw). And the Canon 5DS ® also has a 3 in the first digit of it's price. The thing with Sony is only, they're pretty quick in abandoning their innovative systems if they come up with something new. And they're throwing out new models on weekly basis, it appears. Most salespeople don't learn all of the new features because that knowledge doesn't last a season.

In terms of resolution, dynamics, versatility of the AF sensors and bokeh from a Zeiss Batis I don't find much on the Nikon side. Of course, my Nikons are still better than their user  :unsure: but sometimes I find myself thinking "and why exactly has it to be such a timeconsuming act to select the right focus point?" - not everything is lack of my skills.
I don't mind the style but I find it a bit bland. Out of interest, can the hood reverse for storage with those curves?

I still have my old 2/50 makro which I was intending to sell since getting the Sigma Art, but I find I still use the Zeiss more! That bit closer focus makes the difference for me, and I'm not finding I want AF as much as I thought I did. Still, doesn't seem to be any point changing to the new version.

Only looking at the price of that model, it seems about 20-30% more than the old one, which I guess isn't too bad for a new model coming out. But they were never cheap in the first place...
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
I don't know about the A7S doing so amazingly great in high ISO. It does marginally better than a 6D and D750 at pixel level, but for a quite bit lower MP count. I didn't drink enough cool-aid maybe?

Quote:I don't know about the A7S doing so amazingly great in high ISO. It does marginally better than a 6D and D750 at pixel level, but for a quite bit lower MP count. I didn't drink enough cool-aid maybe?
Jason Lanier swears by the Sony's 12 MPs saying it's plenty enough, however, I started at 10mps and went 14.7mps,16mps and now 24mps APS and FF, every step has brought my chin lower to the ground and the D750 has a filter,  I just can't see 12 mps cutting it these days, maybe the smaller pixel count makes lenses look sharper!

BTW. The dutch tulip industry rose to great heights creating the black tulip, each tulip was fetching a fortune, then without reason people doubted the market and the whole industry crashed within weeks, never to rise to previous levels, I guess Zeiss did well using the names they chose! 

Anyone know how much these Zeiss black tulips are in fact?

Cheapo is 35/2 at CHF 1200.-, goes up to CHF 1949.- for Mr. Milvus 85/1.43

Bargain...
In USD:
$1,283 

50mm f/2 Macro
$1,843 

100mm f/2 Macro
$1,843 

21mm f/2.8

$1,117 

35mm f/2

$1,200